Examinees may challenge and appeal a CCE examination action under the following circumstances:
- Examination Administration Challenges. An examinee may challenge a failing test result where the examinee believes that a test administration condition negatively affected his/her ability to complete or pass the examination (administration challenge). Such challenges are limited to examinee complaints regarding physical test site conditions, test computer equipment, test administration procedures, or the conduct of test center personnel or others present during the test administration.
- Special Accommodation Challenge. An examinee may challenge an alleged failure to provide an approved special testing accommodation during the test administration (accommodation challenge). CCE will not accept an accommodation challenge concerning a testing accommodation that was not previously approved by CCE or the appropriate state regulatory board.
- Examination Content Challenge. An examinee may challenge one or more specific examination items and/or answers as inaccurate or incorrect, where the examinee believes that his/her failure to receive credit for such items and/or answers caused the examinee to fail the examination (content challenge).
All examination challenges must be submitted to CCE within seven (7) calendar days following the completion of the examination (challenge deadline). Failure to submit a challenge by the challenge deadline will result in the rejection of the challenge.
An examination challenge must include the following information in order for the challenge to be reviewed:
- The examinee’s full name, as it appears on his/her examination registration confirmation form;
- NBCC/CCE and test administration provider identification numbers;
- Test administration date and test center location (city and state);
- Examination Challenge Report number (for administration and accommodation challenges); and,
- A complete explanation of the basis of the challenge, including, but not limited to: all information and materials concerning the examinee’s challenge; and any information that the examinee believes will assist CCE in reviewing and resolving the challenge.
Examination challenges, with supporting documentation, must be submitted to CCE by email to email@example.com. CCE will provide written email confirmation to the examinee that the challenge was received.