Credential Maintenance Requirements
Your Board Certified Coach (BCC) certification is valid for five years as long as you comply with CCE policies and procedures. To maintain your certification, you are required to recertify at the end of five years. The chart below summarizes the steps you are required to take each year to maintain your certification with the Center for Credentialing & Education (CCE).
*A late fee of $15 will be applied if annual maintenance fee is not paid by due date
Download a copy of the certification maintenance requirements outlined on this page.
Each year, CCE randomly selects a percentage of BCCs due for recertification. If audited, you will need to submit documentation of 70 hours of continuing education with your signed recertification notice. Your recertification notice will indicate audit selection.
- To document clock hours for continuing education, please use the Credentialing Gateway.
- For questions regarding continuing education, please visit the continuing education portion of our web site.
Reinstatement - Failure to Renew or Recertify
|Inactive Status||Expired Status|
- CCE will send an annual maintenance fee notice via U.S. mail approximately six weeks prior to your payment due date.
- Please contact CCE if you have any questions about your annual fee notice.
- Please pay your annual maintenance fee by the due date to avoid a late fee of $15. Payment indicates you agree to adhere to the BCC Code of Ethics. (In the fifth year, you must also sign the ethics attestation to recertify.)